You may know how many likes you’re receiving on each post, but do you know how many eyes are actually seeing that really impressive new product shot, versus the ones who actually like and engage with it?
There are over 25+ million business Instagram profiles and over 200 million Instagrammers on the app daily who are looking at one business profile a day at least. The value of each posts actually contributing to your brand’s sales could be tripled if you know how to properly advertise to your audience.
One of the simplest ways to track your audience’s engagement with your content is with social media analytics. If you aren’t paying attention to your social analytics, you are missing out on a ton of valuable information to advertise your brand better and connect with your customers.
For example, what you could be gaining from your social analytics are:
- The types of users who are viewing your ads and profile
- How many people are engaging with your posts
- How many are finishing your stories or swiping through them
- The overall value that your account is actually driving
By missing the steps in tracking your performance, you also lose the opportunity to tailor and plan your social media strategy to fit the needs of your audience. Therefore, you could be posting content that might be a waste of time and money.
If you’re ready to improve your overall social media strategy, and here’s how:
Some basic data that you want to be following along with monthly in your analytics are:
- The number of times your posts have been seen during the time frame
- The number of actions taken on your account
- The number of unique accounts that have seen any of your posts
- Profile Visits
- The total number of profile views over the week
- Website Clicks
- The number of times visitors have clicked the link to your website button from your profile page
- Call/Email Clicks
- The number of times visitors have clicked the call/email button from your profile page
- The number of times your accounts handle has been mentioned by other users.
Your target audience is the ideal demographic of followers that you are pursuing. Some of the main factors to pay attention from this data are the following:
- Top locations
- Allows you to see the top five cities and countries where your followers are located
- Age range
- Have any idea how old your followers are? Instagram will break down each user’s age range and let you know.
- The distribution of your followers separated by men and women.
- Follower Hours
- A helpful statistic to find the average time of day your followers are using the app
- Follower Days
- Similarly, this shows the days of the week that your followers are most active
Instagram is able to break down each individual post added to your feed by interactions, discovery, follows, reach, impressions, saves, and followers’ comments. And if you want to go a step further, IG stories can also be tracked by their impressions, reach, exits, replies, and the people’s insights.
So, if it needs to be said again, well here it goes. You need to be tracking your social analytics, and understanding what they mean in order to better market your brand to the ideal target customer!
Take advantage of the free tools in one of the world’s largest social media platform and dig into your data. You’ll be glad you did.