Shop Local, Shop Small
It’s that special time of year, and yet, there are a few reasons that make this year in particular difficult to celebrate.
2020 has been a year (that sometimes felt like a decade) many of us are ready to move past. However, for some businesses, this will be the end of the road.
Because of a worldwide pandemic, multiple shutdowns have taken place throughout the year, and some businesses have kept the doors closed since March. Especially during this time of year, a time where purchasing would normally be at its highest, our local small businesses need us.
Instead of spending your money with a large retailer, we challenge you all to shop local. An item, service, or gift card purchase (big or small) will go a long way for our our community. Let’s support small businesses this year and help them get through the final days of otherwise a very difficult year for all.
We’ve rounded up a few (of many) local businesses that we at Three29 are shopping at this year!
Our Christmas List:
- Public Land
- Purchase plants, pottery, apparel, and so much more. Order and gift card and give it to a friend or family member!
- Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift or just a restock on their famous DIY spice kits, Allspicery is your one-stop shop. Get your favorite spices shipped directly to your or a loved one’s door!
- All Good Never Better
- Support a local street apparel brand with a hat, jacket, or socks to keep warm with this season. Also check out their latest 2020 line, “All Good, Weird Times”.
- Temple Coffee Roasters
- A great gift idea for anyone who lives out of town, everyone loves their coffee! Plus, you can get a free Temple Holiday Mug with the purchase of two 12oz bags of coffee!
- Andy’s Candy Apothecary
- Although Andy’s Candy online and in-store is temporarily closed till 2021, they could absolutely use our support come the new year. Join their mailing list and keep on the lookout for their 🤫 new location 🤫 and help them kick off with a fresh start!
- Mist Body Bar
- Ladies! Megan owns the most adorable body bar boutique on J Street. Come in a shop apparel, jewelry, skin care and tanning products, or purchase a gift card for your favorite gal to come in!
- Propogate – Plants and Gatherings
- Give a gift card to the one with the green-thumb in your life! Propagate is more than just a plant shop, but also offers design services to best suit the plant + potting for you!
- This local Sacramento artist makes hand-crafted jewelry out of clay on her Etsy store. Gift to your mom, sister, or friend, and support her small business that opened this year!
- The Mill Sacramento
- Another yummy treat! The Mill offers delicious coffees, tasty herbal teas and wholesome foods. Get an e-card or a gift for a friend! Plus, when you subscribe to their newsletter you’ll receive 10% off your first order from their sister company, Boutique as a gift!
- Cuffs Boutique
- Shop their wrapped and ready gift sets when you’re in a pinch! A unique women’s apparel boutique, with something for every age!
- The Strapping Store
- The ultimate gift store! From household items, to holiday decor, apparel and accessories, books, toys, snacks and so much more. It isn’t possible to leave empty-handed, and they make perfect small gifts for any occasion!