Julia jumped on board with us recently and is the newest member of the Account Management team. With a background in project management and digital marketing, she’s the perfect match for us here at Three29.
We caught up with Julia to get to know her a little more and understand how her day-to-day life influences work.
Yoga! – It allows me to take some time for myself, move and strengthen my body, and clear my head before getting my day started or after work.
Cooking! – I love to cook as a creative outlet. My dad loves cooking as well, and I grew up eating great, homemade food, which is a tradition I’ve carried into my adult life.
My friends 🙂 – I have a close-knit friend group from college that I speak with everyday. We all studied design together and work in the marketing industry now. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to see them as often due to COVID, but they’re always just a FaceTime call away.
Resilience – I’m always able to work my way through a tough situation and find positives when it would appear things are falling apart. I’m a really firm believer in making the most out of a bad situation and pushing through. You’d be surprised by how much you learn about yourself when working your way through a rough patch.
I’m very personable – I’ve always been a talker- the cashiers at the grocery store in my hometown used to call me “the talking baby” when I was little because I talked to anyone at any given time. I still do! I love to strike up a conversation and get to know people, which is a very useful skill to have when working in client services.
9 Things Julia Loves
- Bagels – particularly egg and cheese bagels!
- My cat – Baby
- Music – I’m always listening to something
- Civic Engagement – I try to do my best to stay engaged and get involved in local politics and issues facing the community.
- Trashy reality television – (ANTM, Ru Paul’s Drag Race, The Bachelor, etc.)
- Fashion – I love getting dressed and take it as a form of creative expression. I used to work as a stylist when I lived in San Francisco and I genuinely love getting dressed every morning. Sometimes I get excited about the clothes in my closet.
- Art History – I studied design in college and was required to take two semesters of art history classes. I actually hated it at the time, but I find it to be a really useful skill to have. I love going to museums (pre-COVID) and art fairs. Some of my favorite artists are Wayne Thiebaud (a Sac native!), Keith Haring, Stuart Davis, Vanessa Stockard, Joan Miro, and Henry Mattise.
- Animal Crossing has quickly become a quarantine hobby and favorite pastime of mine
- Thrifting – This one is a bit niche but I’m really big into buying second-hand, particularly online. My go-to is Depop, Heroine, Vestiaire, and The Real Real for really great, unique vintage finds. Not only is it better for the environment, but there’s a thrill that comes with finding a one-of-a-kind piece.
- NEW JERSEY! – I was born in NYC and my family lives in various parts of NJ, so it really feels like my second home. I have a big Italian family from my mom’s side and a big Jewish family from my dad’s side, so it really is the best of both worlds. I’m back east about twice a year and I love it.
Julia’s Personal Spotify Playlist
Go-To Resources for Industry News
Designspiration – Interesting design inspiration and industry trends
Man Repeller – Innovative articles on fashion and women’s lifestyle content
Twitter – I read a lot of my news on here
The Cut – More news, but a lot of really great staff of writers!
The Strategist – Curated list of tech, lifestyle, fashion, and other items curated by NY Mag
Julia’s Must-Have Apps
Spotify – my *preferred* music streaming platform (Sorry Apple Music!)
Planta – reminds me to water my plants!
Domino’s App – Pizza delivery QUICK
Slack – Easy communication between coworkers
All I need nearby is my AirPods, cold-brew coffee, a notebook and my water bottle!